Thursday, January 31, 2008

5 Super Bowl Bets to Make

Super Bowl is the greatest event in the nation. More than a billion dollars ride one this single game every year. With so many prop bets, it is difficult to decided which to bet on. Let me help you with that.

First Coaches Challenge (no line)
I think this is going to be a pretty simple bet. The Giants are going to be fighting for every single play no matter how big or how small. Tom Coughlin is one of the top 5 coaches that uses the coach's challenge. Go with the Giants on this.

Shortest Game Field Goal (24.5)
Both have solid defenses going into the game. I think both teams are going to have trouble running the ball one they get in the 25. Moss will be doubled every time in the end zone and with a strong Giants D line, I see the Patriots coming out with at least one field goal inside the 20. Patriots D makes at least one big stop in the red zone every game. Look for the Giants to have one or more field goals inside the 25. Take the under.

Who will have more points on Feb. 3, the Pats or Kobe (Pats +0.5)
This is a tough one. Las Vegas is expecting the Pats to score between 30-35 points in this game. If you have been watching the Giants defense in these playoffs, the most they have let an opponent score is 20. They held the great Cowboys offense to 17 points. I know this may be the greatest offense we have seen in the Pats, but 16 points in the playoffs. Yes, they are going to good weather, but can they get back to that top offensive form they were in the first half of the season (take into account fatigue). I see Kobe edging out the Pats.

Player to Win MVP?
If the Patriots win, Tom Brady will have 300+ yards and 3+ touchdowns. Hands down MVP. If the Giants win, Eli Manning will have to be absolutely flawless. He has to have 250+ yards and at least 2 TDS. It all depends on who you think will win the game. Go with a QB (likely Brady).

Heads or Tails (no line)
I just flipped a coin that landed on Heads. So go with Heads.

Those are just some of the billions of prop bets you can make out there. I am not supporting gambling, but if you do, you can't miss with these. And as for the game itself. I like the Giants (straight up) and the under(54). I can't wait till Monday for you all to tell me how much money I won you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the coach's challenge, field goal, and Heads. I don't know about the Kobe thing. I think he is playing away and he is on a assists streak lately. good picks though.

Anonymous said...

sorry but wes is going to win the MVP. Pats win by 17. Over.

Anonymous said...

i'm going to take the field goal and Brady as the MVP, even though i want the Giants to win. I gotta play it smart

Anonymous said...

wow you called it. should of taken the G men

Anonymous said...

great job. you were right on with Eli MVP. he finished with 255 yds and 2 tds. also with kobe vs pats. Kobe 30 pats 14. and how the hell did you call giants straight up and the under. next time i am definitely taking your picks.